In celebration of International Women’s Day and this year’s UN Women’s theme – I am Generation Equality – we are hosting an intimate get together to cheer on the everyday women in our community. We all face challenges, and we want to shine a light on women in Singapore who come from different walks of life, steeled with incredibly poignant and inspirational stories on how they push the envelope every single day. While we recognise that there have been advances when it comes to supporting women in the workforce and in society, this session aims to bring the community together on a personal level to help uplift one another in actionable and social ways.
The panel will focus on:
– Contextualising the Issues – How has the landscape changed for women over the last decade?
– Empathy, not Sympathy – What are some of the things we can do to further support women?
– Empowering Women – Practical tips to draw strength for yourself and others
You will hear from Sherli-Torrey, Founder of Mums@Work, Yingjie Tan who’s in-charge of Capacity and Partnerships from Daughters of Tomorrow, and two incredibly inspiring women from each community. The event will be hosted and moderated by Sarah Naeem, founder of The Moon, an independent bookstore aimed at raising awareness of female and coloured authors.
– 2.00-2.30pm: Sharing session
– 2.30-3.00pm: Q&A Session (We’d love to hear from you!)
RSVP via our Facebook event page, do come early to grab your drink and save a seat as there may be a crowd!