Perspectives Film Festival: Breakthroughs in Cinema returns for its 12th edition with an exciting selection of international films. The film festival will run from 24 to 27 October 2019 at the newly opened state-of-the-art Oldham Theatre, housed in the restored National Archives of Singapore building.
Our festival theme this year is “Crossroads” — where we witness how traditional notions of what it means to be at an intersection, are deconstructed and redefined. This year’s lineup explores relationships between people, places, and even a multitude of ideas. The films will unearth how these cinematic aspects interact with one another in revelatory ways, and almost always with reverberating impact.
– For Sama | Dir. Waad Al-Kateab & Edward Watts
– Night on Earth | Dir. Jim Jarmusch
– After Life | Dir. Hirokazu Kore-eda
– The River | Dir. Jean Renoir
– Canoa: A Shameful Memory | Dir. Felipe Cazals
– The Creatures | Dir. Agnés Varda
– Vai | Dir. Nicole Whippy, Sharon Whippy, ‘Ofa-Ki-Levuka Guttenbeil-Likiliki, Matasila Freshwater, Amberley Jo Aumua, Mīria George, Marina Alofagia McCartney, Dianna Fuemana, Becs Arahanga