Asia is set to usher in a new era of cinema culture as the prestigious Festival de Cannes Film Week will make its Asia debut in Hong Kong at cultural destination K11 MUSEA. This landmark moment is brought to the heart of Victoria Dockside in Tsim Sha Tsui by Pierre Lescure, President of the Festival de Cannes; Thierry Frémaux, General Delegate of the Festival de Cannes; and Adrian Cheng, Founder of K11 Group and Executive Vice-Chairman of New World Development.
From 12-17 November 2019, Festival de Cannes Film Week and K11 MUSEA will present an esteemed line-up of films, masterclasses and film presentations. World renowned filmmakers Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne and General Delegate Thierry Frémaux will also attend as special guests to share their works.
Guests can delight in the premiere of six highly acclaimed, award-winning films from the Official Selection of the 72nd Festival de Cannes. Shown either in Competition or in Un Certain Regard, the films represent cinematographic works from around the world: French, Italian, Belgium, Brazilian and American.
1. Young Ahmed, from the In Competition section and directed by the famed Dardenne brother
2. Portrait of a Lady on Fire, winner of Award for Best Screenplay
3. The Traitor, from the In Competition section and directed by top Italian director Marco Bellochio
4. The Invisible Life of Euridice Gusmão, winner of the Un Certain Regard Prize
5. The Climb, winner of the Un Certain Regard Jury’s “Coup de Cœur” Prize
6. On a Magical Night (Chambre 212), winner of the Un Certain Regard Best Performance Prize for Chiara Mastroianni
Visit the Festival de Cannes Film Week event website at https://cannesfilmweek.k11musea.com for more ticket information and a full line-up schedule.